Bell Buckle Property Tax Collections
- 8am - 4pm
- 8am - 12pm
Located in the Bell Buckle Town Hall At 8 Railroad Square Bell Buckle, TN
- Tax Collector POB 276 Bell Buckle, TN 37020
- Tax Bills are mailed out in October of each year
- You may pay through the last day of February without interest. Make checks payable to Tax Collector. Payments by cash, personal check or money order are accepted
- Interest begins March 1 at 1.5% and increases an additional 1.5% for each unpaid month. Please call to verify the amount if you are paying a delinquent amount.
- Property taxes are one of the main sources of funding for the Town’s General Fund to help with the Town’s many services and programs.
- The property tax roll is assessed by the Bedford County Property Tax Assessor. The town does not appraise property. The Town tax roll is based on records maintained by the Bedford County Property Tax assessor. Tax bills for property that has been sold after January 1 will be sent to the owner of record as of January 1.
- People who purchase property should contact the Tax Collections Office to ascertain if property taxes have been paid. If payment of pro-rated taxes is included and assigned to either the buyer or seller at closing, the seller should know whose responsibility it is to pay the taxes and check to be sure the taxes are paid. Agreements between the buyer and seller have no effect on the Town’s obligation to collect taxes. The legal obligation to pay property taxes rests with the property owner and shall remain with the ownership of the property.
- Questions regarding the appraised value of property should be directed to the Bedford County Assessor of Property at 106 Northside Square in Shelbyville, TN or you may call 931-684-6390.